Saturday, September 12, 2009

Souvenirs from Cebu City


These are some of the things that caught my eyes when I went to Cebu with my friends for a three-day vacation just last summer this year. On our last day there, we decided to go find some souvenir items that we could bring home to Manila. And so we ended up in a place called LapuLapu Monument, located in Mactan. The place is somewhat historical and brings significance to the locals. Built in memory of LapuLapu who is known in the Philippine history as the one who fought against Magellan's forces. The park is actually surrounded by so many stores that sell beautiful things,. There you can find colorful lanterns made of seashells, weaved bags, guitars and so many. Here, take a peek...

I'm so lovin' the vibrant shell colors!



These wallets are so creepy, but don't you worry guys, no frogs were harmed nor killed in the process. These are all imitated objects. I can't imagine myself putting my money inside this stuff. But these are fun anyway. I think the idea came from the belief that frogs bring wealth and fortune to people. Filipinos are such superstitious.





Oh, these are so cute...thumb-sized key chains sold for only P10 each. You can ask for a lower price when you buy a dozen. Nice, isnt' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment